Gallery1 -The course has the Vembanad lake on 3 sides & this offers fantastic vista's including this Marina
Gallery2-With small greens sometimes guarded by bamboo all around even a slight error can magnify itself into a 2 stroke loss
Gallery3 -The course started in 1922 & has a long heritage to boast
Gallery4- The Vembanad lake can be seen through this glade of Bamboos
Gallery5 - The only course again where you are a stones throw away from a Marina & have 2 great resorts to stay at A Palace restored & a Marina hotel
Gallery6- Stay at the Bolghatty palace hotel & play leisure golf
About this course
The Cochin Golf Club was established in 1922 and is located at the historically important Bolghatty Palace grounds. The palace was built by the Dutch in 1744 A.D and is on the
Bolghatty Island, just a 5 minute boat ride from the heart of Cochin city. The island is also connected by a bridge with the mainland now. The course is bordered by the expansive
Vembanad Lake on three sides.
In 1909 the palace & the grounds were leased to the British. It became the official home of the governors and residents and a golf course was laid out on the grounds for their exclusive use
Later the course was opened to the public as a compact 9 holes course with the present club house as its registered office in the year 1922. The palace is now a hotel run by the Kerala
Tourism Development Corporation.
The club celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1997 & has various memberships like ordinary, life, institutional, honorary & the recently introduced student membership. The club has
over 450 members in all.
Play is restricted to mornings on all days, except on Mondays. However the number of players who play on week days is low; most players play on the week-end mornings.
The club has as many as 19 rolling trophies every year which includes a Cochin Open. Some of the Trophies like The Richardson Cup & The Cotton Tankard date back to 1925.